If you, like me, have kids that like to create but you’re not a fan of the mess, take advantage of some of the free crafts offered at various stores (a few may require a small fee). Oh, and some of the free & cheap crafts are designed for adults, so those of you who like working with beads or putting together scrapbooks have options, too:
- On the first Saturday of the month, Home Depot offers free workshops for kids.
- Lowe’s offers free Build & Grow workshops for kids twice a month.
- At Lakeshore Learning stores, you can stop by on Saturday mornings for free crafts.
- Michaels offers a mix of free & free-with-purchase crafts each month as well as crop nights & crafts for adults.
- Some events at bookstores, like Barnes & Noble, include crafts as part of the storytime activities.
- Pottery Barn Kids often offers free storytimes and crafts for the kids.