With so many awesome things going on each week, it’s impossible to make it to everything. To narrow it down a bit, try one of these five ways to spend the weekend on the cheap:
Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates,follow @citiescheap on Twitter, like Cities on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
- On September 29-30, the Fall Fishing Event will take place at participating Bass Pro Shops locations. From noon-1:00 p.m., kids can take a free Beginning Fishing workshop. While they’re there, kids can paint a fish sun catcher from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- On Sunday, September 30, head to Williams-Sonoma for a free Modern Comforts: The New Casserole class. RSVP at your local store.
- This week, you can participate in free & cheap crafts & demos at Michaels:
- 11:00 a.m.-Noon on September 29: Cricut Demo. Adult-only event.
- 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. on September 29: Stamp & Glitter Demo.
- 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. on September 30: MiDesign Demo. Adult-only event.
- On Saturday, September 29, 2012, you can get free admission to hundreds of museums across the U.S., thanks to Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live! program. To get in free, you’ll need tofill out a form online & print out the admission card. Per the fine print, the card must be presented for admission, and it’s good for free general admission for two people. Limit one card per household. FYI–Some of the participating museums on the list are always free, so make sure to use your pass somewhere that typically charges for admission.
- On National Public Lands Day, September 29, 2012, you’ll get fee-free admission to national parks.