There are so many awesome things going on each week that it can be a bit overwhelming. To narrow it down a bit, try one of these five ways to spend the weekend on the cheap:
Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates,follow @citiescheap on Twitter, like Cities on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
- At 10:00 a.m. on July 14 & 2:00 p.m. on July 15, kids can build a Kung Fu Panda Spinning Attack during the free Build-and-Grow workshop at participating Lowe’s locations; RSVP to save your spot.
- This week, you can participate in free & cheap crafts & demos at Michaels:
- 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on July 13: Christmas in July Demo. Adult-only event
- 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. on July 14: Passport to Imagination: Japan. Ages 3+
- 11:00 a.m.-noon on July 15: MiDesign Michaels Demo. Adult-only event
- 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on July 16: Christmas in July Demo. Adult-only event
- 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. on July 17: Passport to Imagination: Egypt. Ages 3+
- The last of this season’s free Family Summer Camp events will take place at participating Bass Pro Shops locations from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Details may vary by location, but most will have the following:
- There’ll be a free shooting range (youth bow, soft-strike foam bow, or BB gun), free shooting arcade, & free casting targets.
- From 1:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, you can make a free craft. On July 14 & 15, you can paint a birdhouse.
- From 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, you can get a free family photo.
- From 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on Saturdays only, stop by for a free S’mores cookout.
- On Sunday, July 15, head to Williams-Sonoma for a Grow, Cook, Eat: Tomatoes class.
- At 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 15, stop by participating Pottery Barn locations for a free How to Add Color to Your Home workshop.