We tend to go see more movies during the summer. I suspect that’s because it’s 90+ degrees & humid most days in Georgia, and the AC makes it a whine-free outing with my girls. Fortunately, AMC gives us ways to save on both new releases & family-friendly flicks (all deals valid at participating theaters only):
1) If you go to a showing that starts before noon, you’ll get a discount on your tickets. Tickets for A.M. Cinema range from $4-$6 or so, depending on your market. Fair warning: expect to pay a bit more for IMAX or 3-D movies.
2) On weekdays, you have even more opportunities to save. All tickets are half price all day on Monday-Thursday with the AMC Weekday Escape. Likewise, expect to pay a bit more for IMAX or 3-D movies.
3) Reminder: $1 buys your admission ticket to popular kid’s movies during the AMC Summer Movie Camp, which runs every Tuesday through August 10. Here’s a look at the 2010 movie schedule:
- June 22: Imagine That
- June 29: Monsters vs. Aliens
- July 6: Madagascar
- July 13: Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
- July 20: Hotel for Dogs
- July 27: Kung Fu Panda
- August 3: The Spiderwick Chronicles
- August 10: Surprise Mystery Title
You can buy tickets in advance; doors open at 9:30 a.m., and the movies start at 10:00 a.m. If your kids munch while they watch, you can save on snacks, too. During the Summer Movie Camp, the AMC KidsPack combo is $4 (30% off). All admission and concession proceeds from the AMC Summer Movie Camp will benefit Variety: The Children’s Charity and the Will Rogers Institute.
–Jennifer Maciejewski, Atlanta on the Cheap